Twelve books to Jumpstart Your Success and Become the Best You!Read More
Christmas is a little over two weeks away and I would be lying if I said that I was even close to finished shopping. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Like...I have two gifts purchased. Yikes! Every year I tell myself that I will start early and every year I fail. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime y'all!
This year, ironically enough, my hardest gift receiver is Konner. Partly because he has so much already, but also because he isn't asking for a lot. He has a couple of things on his list that I will be sure to snag, but I've had to dig around a bit to find entertaining, but not wasteful gifts for him. If you are in the same boat and have a child around his age (I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HE WILL BE NINE!) I've got you covered! I'm a huge fan of educational and enrichment toys and gifts, I believe in playing outside versus being stuck behind a screen, and I'm allll about being bold in your Faith. If you feel me...keep scrolling.
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Buglet essential oil diffusing bracelet - Do I have any 80's babies following me? Remember slap bracelets? Yeah...you remember! They were all the rage back in the days of bright colors and spandex. Well...Buglet is taking slap bracelets to a whole new level with their essential oil diffusing bracelets. Dab a drop or your favorite Young Living essential oil right onto the pumice stone and you are good to go! I MIGHT have ordered an extra for myself.
2. Curious Chef Kitchen Basics Kit - Kids love to cook! Curious Chef items are some of my favorite. They are real, working pieces that are safe for children. So your little one can lend a hand and you don't have to worry about missing fingers.
3. Razor Heel Wheels - Remember Heelys? Those shoes that were really skates but were really shoes. I was too old to own a pair but I vividly remember strolling the aisles of Target with kids whizzing by me imagining the humor that would come from my sticking my foot out just enough to trip them. (Too much Big Daddy...Sorry!) Well...these are apparently the newest fad. And Konner wants them. #LordJesus
4. Razor DeltaWing Scooter - Konner LOVES to play outside and I LOVE that he loves to play outside. Kids need exercise. Not only for our sanity, but for their overall wellness. I did a little digging and came across this Razor scooter and I think it will be perfect a little outdoor fun!
5. Kid's Prayer Journal - Valerie, owner and designer at Val Marie Paper, is local to me and creates the most amazing prayer journals. I've given both the women's and kids journals as gifts in the past and they are always well received. I LOVE the kids prayer journal for it's ease of use, but the most amazing part is that it guides children to a strong and solid relationship with Him.
6. Tinker Crate - Last year for Christmas I purchased a Tinker Crate subscription for Konner. Tinker Crate is a monthly subscription that includes a project, instructions, additional activities, and online videos. It's interactive and can be enjoyable for the entire family. The bonus to this is that you can get one month or continue it throughout the year. We continued it for a few months and he loved getting a surprise activity to build. Also check out the other boxes created for younger kiddos.
7. Claymation Kit - Uncommon Goods is one of my favorite sites to browse. It's packed full of unique gifts and activities for both children and adults. Kids can explore the amazing art of DIY animation with this creative claymation kit. Let those little imaginations soar!
8. UNICEF Kid Power Band - Unless you are living under a rock, you know that fitness bands are a MUST HAVE right now. Konner begged for a Fit Bit for his birthday earlier this year but I just couldn't justify the price for something that could get lost or broken. Even the kids ones were very pricey! So I did a little digging and hit the jackpot at Target! (Surprised?) I came across this UNICEF Power Band and knew it would be perfect. Not only is it priced right, but the mission behind it is incredible. "The UNICEF Kid Power band empowers kids to get active, go on fun missions with famous champions and send lifesaving therapeutic food packets to kids in need." It counts steps, tells time, and earns rewards. It connects to an app so the kids can track their rewards and see their action helping others in need. Read more about it here: http://unicefkidpower.org
9. YL KidScents Oils mini set - We LOVE Young Living oils in our house. It's no secret. And I LOVE that YL has created a line specifically for kids. Each oil in the KidScents line is safe, gentle, and created just for little ones. They are grab and go which is not only convenient for us busy parents, but it teaches the littles how to take control of their own wellness.
There you have it! Just a few of my favorite gifts for active and imaginative boys. Have a favorite gift to add to the list? Feel free to link me in the comments! Everyone loves a little online shopping.
It's no secret that I love my precious, amazing, "can't live without them" essential oils. They are my life line. True story!
Do you know what I love more than my essential oils?!? CHRISTMAS!
Do you know what I do when Young Living releases the most AMAZING Holiday catalog filled with the most AMAZING Holiday essential oils and gifts?! I FREAK OUT!
Not only are the products super fabulous, but YL did a phenomenal job with the photography and design of the catalog. I mean...HELLO Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn!?! Top notch y'all! We're running with the big dogs!
See for yourself:
If things go the way they did last year, YL freaks (you, not me) will buy all.the.things. and these goodies will sell out within days, if not hours. I've not a big risk taker so it was in my best interest to push my order through first thing this morning. It's for the greater good of humanity. Especially if you are typically on my gift giving list. Which brings me to...you are getting oils this year. You're welcome!
While I didn't grab allllll of the items in the catalog, (I'm having major regret about this btw) I did snag a few goodies. My fav is by far the chocolate. Why? Because...chocolate. Infused with essential oils. ESSENTIAL OIL CHOCOLATE! YL suggests sharing. I think that's nonsense. #notsorry
I'm also prettyyyyy excited about the rebranded kids collections. We got a sneak peak at the rebranding back at convention (OMG! I never blogged about convention!) and I love how sleek and modern everything looks. So perfect!
When Konner saw the bath set, he HAD to have it. And because I'm the best.Mom.ever, I ordered it right away. I also snagged the kids mini oils set for him as a backup. I'm a hoarder. Again...#notsorry
The essential oils basics set is PERFECT for gifts. I grabbed a couple for teacher gifts. I mean...who wouldn't want oils?! Much better than the piles of scrap paper pads, pens, and sticky notes. I know teachers can always use those, but I like to give those as welcome gifts at the beginning of the year. Teachers work so hard every single day to teach our not so sweet children and they deserve an amazing Christmas bonus!
Winter...the most wonderful time of the year...for man colds. Ladies! You know what I'm talking about. Be prepared this year. Grab a wellness kit and tell him to shove it. Down his throat. Literally. You're welcome!
And can we talk about the new Life 9 for a second?! Life 5 has been a daily staple in our house. Well...YL decided to sprinkle glitter on Life 5 and they created Life 9. Y'all! This bad boy packs a punch! It combines 17 billion live cultures from 9 beneficial bacteria strains to make your gut happy and healthy. Happy gut = happy body = happy wife = happy life. Or whatever. Get it!
I've always been a chapstick addict. I'm talking tubes everywhere. It wasn't until about a year ago that I realized just how bad your typical chapstick or lip balm actually is for you. Go ahead...Google it.
I have since been using YL's lip balm (more specifically...Lavender) and oh em gee...my lips are like butta! Again...I'm prooooobably keeping this for myself. #stillnotsorry
I also grabbed the ART skin care set. Because lips like butta are pointless if your face isn't equally as soft. Can I get an AMEN?!
Ladies...let's talk...is your man an Axe addict? Or maybe he lathers on his favorite cologne that he bought from that pesky lady at Dillard's? You know what I'm talking about...that $100 cologne that makes you feel like punching a cat every time he walks out of the bathroom. THIS WAS MY LIFE! It was nauseating. And then Gary invented Shutran. And then my life became livable again. Now my husband smells good, he's confident (there are super amazing benefits to this blend, ya know?!) and my head doesn't throb every time he walks out of the bathroom.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any babies born 9 months from now. Yes...it smells THAT good!
Speaking of smelling good...
What gifts are you grabbing for your friends and family (and yourself) from the catalog?
Not a Young Living member? What are you waiting for? Join us!
If you follow me on Facebook, or Instagram, or down the highway in Louisiana (please don't...that's just creepy) you know I love love LOVE my essential oils. Not a day goes by that you don't hear me say "There's an oil for that!" Because really...there's an oil for everything. E-VE-RY-THING! But I still get those loons who question me and my love. You know who you are! So I'm here to tell you why I love Young Living essential oils so fricken much!
1. They are pretty
Yeah. Yeah. I know what you are thinking. So what right? But y'all! This is a big deal. I love pretty things. People love pretty things. EVERYONE loves pretty things. It's what we, as humans, do. Glitter? LOVE IT! Unicorns farting rainbows? LOVE IT! Why? Because they are pretty! And Young Living products are pretty too! Their diffusers are sleek and modern and simple. The bottle labels speak to my soul. And the packaging...well...let's just say it's a DREAM to open up a brand new kit. It's like the Heavens sing. Yeah...you heard those angels when you opened your kit!
2. They support a healthy immune system.
Thieves is my jam! With an active 8 year old that's in school, we need all the immune support we can get. I use Thieves all day everyday to keep my family in tip top shape! Plus...it smells like Christmas. SANTA!
3. They smell like a spa.
Lavender is like a spa in a bottle. After a long day at work, it helps me unwind and relax for the evening. It also helps my zoo not be raging loons.
4. They support your body.
Copaiba supports your body's natural response to injury or irritation. That's my way of saying...if you feel old, like me, you need this. Capiche?
5. They relieve occasional muscle soreness and tension.
Combine Panaway with Copaiba and you will feel like a 21 year old dancing on the bar in the club.
Disclaimer: What you do in your spare time is a personal decision. I do not recommend dancing on bars whether you are 21 or 61. Don't. Just don't. Unless you're auditioning for the next Coyote Ugly movie. In which case...you still shouldn't dance on bars.
6. They support healthy digestion.
You know those nights when you decide to binge on OITNB and eat an entire tub of ice cream? Yeah...Di-Gize is your friend.
7. Sweet baby Jesus!
He loves essential oils too!
8. They taste delicious!
I am a sucker for a delicious glass of lemonade. A glass of lemonade that is good for my overall wellness? Count me in!
9. They replace my air freshener
I have a zoo. I love my zoo, but they stink. Bad. My husband stinks too. Those are just the top reasons I am thankful for Purification. Alongside Thieves, it's my top diffused oil. Nothing is better than a clean, refreshing smell without the toxic and head pounding chemicals of candles and plug ins.
10. Just pray and apply Stress Away!
Not a day goes by that I don't pray and roll on my Stress Away. It's instant relief from the craziness of that thing called life.
11. Brownies! I love brownies!
Peppermint is a wonderful addition to a batch of delicious, warm brownies. As a dietary supplement, Peppermint Vitality oil can support healthy gut function and digestive efficiency. Sounds like a win, win to me!
12. Exercise is important.
Ok...let's be real. I don't exercise. But my son does! He's an avid soccer player and a drop or two of RC on his chest gets him through his hot, exhausting games.
13. Your body is a wonderland
That's probably NOT what John Mayer had in mind when he wrote that song, but let's pretend. K? We drink an ounce of Ningxia a day to load our body with antioxidants to support overall wellness. It's loaded with wolfberry! Wolfberries are your friend!
14. Learning is fun!
20 years ago I wouldn't have said that. I wasn't a fan of school. But learning about essential oils and the human body is so much fun! The way these oils work and the way our body benefits from them is truly amazing to me. I learn something new everyday and I love sharing the info with my fellow oilers.
The friendships that I have made through Young Living are second to none. I have truly found my happy place and my tribe. We are all chasing our dreams and supporting each other every single day. We laugh together, cry together, and kick ass together. We love our oils and love sharing our love of oils.
There you have it. The love is real y'all. I really could have written a book about my obsession but it's time for me to hit up Starbucks. Want in on the oily goodness? You can head here to learn more about Young Living and purchase your very own starter kit.
*Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Statements, products, and techniques mentioned have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.